City of Regina Archives Photograph Collection,

Title: Corner of 11 th Avenue and Scarth Street
Date: 1912
Retrieval Number: CORA-RPL-B-204
Extent: 1 B&W print; 20.5 cm x 25 cm
Scope and Content Note: Corner of 11 th Avenue and Scarth Street with Post Office (later Old City Hall ) on left, Imperial Bank of Canada on left foreground.
Access Restrictions: None
Photographer: Unknown
Parent fonds/collection: RPL Photograph Collection
Historical Note: The old Post Office, which was designed by David Ewart, was built in 1906-1907. In 1929 an addition, designed by Storey and Van Egmond, was constructed. The building served as a post office for 49 years before being converted into a city hall. It was a city hall from 1962 until 1975, when the current city hall building opened. Currently it houses the Globe Theatre and the Regina Plains Museum , as well as several commercial and retail offices.

[ back ]

Home | Contact Us

Visit the City of Regina Archives Web site

© Copyright - All photos are public domain unless otherwise indicated.